Fresh from the farm...
Brookside Farm is a 169-acre farm in the Shawangunk Valley of Gardiner N.Y. We are dedicated to the production of healthy, delicious food using old fashioned farming techniques. Our goal is to provide a gourmet quality healthy alternative to industrialized food.
Come see why...
Located in Gardiner New York, we are minutes from both Interstate 84 and the New York State Thruway (i87). Come shop today for Organic Farm Fresh Eggs, Chicken, Pork and Beef.
- A major benefit of raising animals on pasture is that their products are healthier for you.
- Meat from grass-fed beef, bison, lamb and goats has less total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories.
- Research shows that lean beef actually lowers your "bad" LDL cholesterol levels.
- Extra Omega-3s. Meat from grass-fed animals has two to four times more omega-3 fatty acids than meat from grain- fed animals.
- Eggs from hens raised outdoors on pasture have from three to six times more vitamin D than eggs from hens raised in confinement.
- People who are exposed to farm chemicals have a much greater rate of Parkinson’s Disease, according to recent studies. Whether they are farm workers who are applying the chemicals or people who happen to live nearby.
- Eggs from free-range hens are higher in folic acid and vitamin B12
Data Provided by: www.EatWild.com